Cosmetic dentistry involves dental procedures with the aim of improving the overall aesthetics of your smile. This is often referred to as a “smile makeover”. A beautiful smile can have tremendous effects on an individual’s self-confidence, self-esteem and personal relationships.
Some of the Cosmetic Dental Treatments currently available at Nair Dental:
- Inlays/Onlays: Also known as indirect restorations, inlays and onlays made from porcelain or composite materials are a long-lasting yet cosmetic way to provide a filing to teeth with tooth decay or similar structural damage. Whereas dental filings are moulded into place within the mouth during a dental visit, inlays and onlays are fabricated in a dental laboratory before being fitted into place by your dentist.
- Composite Bonding: Chipped, broken, discoloured or decayed teeth may be repaired or have their appearance corrected using a procedure called composite bonding. A dental composite material with the look of Enamel and dentin is applied into the cavity or onto the surface of a tooth, where it is then sculpted into shape, contoured and hardened with a high-intensity light. The result is a restoration that blends invisibly with the remainder of the surrounding tooth structure and the rest of your natural teeth to create a healthy, bright smile.
- Teeth Whitening: Teeth whitening is perhaps the most commonly recommended cosmetic dentistry procedure. Teeth are often stained from smoking, food, drink (coffee, tea or red wine) or poor oral hygiene. Whitening your teeth can enhance your smile.
- Dental Veneers: Composite or porcelain laminates that are bonded to the surface of a tooth to correct and repair chips and cracks will improve a worn appearance or severe tooth discoloration. Veneers may also be recommended if you have gaps in your teeth or if you have not had success with teeth whitening.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants are artificial tooth root replacements that are used as a part of prosthetic (artificial replacement) dentistry in order to compensate for tooth loss. Often the result is not only an enhanced smile, but also a more youthful appearance, since missing teeth cause the face to collapse, making you look older.
- Short Term Cosmetic Orthodontics: Most adults who want straighter teeth don’t want to spend years in metal braces. The six month adult cosmetic braces system uses clear/tooth coloured brackets and ultra thin wires to subtly straighten your teeth within 6 months! This is a great and low cost alternative to comprehensive braces and veneers.